Saturday, December 15, 2012

We Did it!!

Well after a long day and lots of scrapped ideas, redo's and hair pulling the first set of beds have been brought from idea too reality!!!  I have made a full set of beds that are going to be up in my Etsy shop for sale come tomorrow!!  We will have a various set of sizes. To list them we have dog beds to start with starting with a Small (20 in. x 24 in.), Medium (24 in. x 30 in.), Large (36 in. x 42 in.), and X-Large (36 in. x 48 in.).  They were all made from reclaimed materials, (besides thread).  I am very exhausted and yet full of vigor due to the fact that we where able to keep a couch from the landfill, plus scrap sheets and fabric that normally would just get thrown away.  They turned out better than I had expected and my daughter finds them to be more comfortable than her own bed!  LOL!!  Tomorrow will be another day of tearing down couches and hunting down materials that would just go to the landfill normally. And the best part of day was that I had orders placed locally already!! I will have pictures up soon as possible tomorrow and a link to purchase them.  Oh and a tidbit of personal here, my daughter told me that today in school her teacher asked the class if anyone's parents did donating or volunteer work at all and she was very proud to speak up and say that her family was going to be making "Luv My World Beds" to donate.  And it is true, we will be taking Pet Beds that we make and donating to local Dog Rescues soon enough here.  Haven't made enough yet to do so just now, but will so real soon.  Can't let her down nor the innocent animals that have to sleep on the hard concrete in shelters or packed dirt from pacing in kennels.  I am already in contact with several organizations that I will be working with.  Well always more to say but I'll save it for another day.  Hope you join my crusade and follow along to help animals rest comfortably and reclaim material from our landfills.
     Eric Gripp


2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! A truly noble idea. I wish you all the BEST. And may you have more sales than you know what to do with! I'm so very proud of you! ♥ {{hugs}} ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post about pet product helpful site. Pet shop18 is the best place for online shopping in India where you can buy online dog products,pet beds and more online pet supply with fast delivery.
    Online Pet Products in India

    ReplyDelete